Monday, May 14, 2007

Great Escape Artist

His name didn't happen by accident...PITA is a complete and total Pain In The Ass! A very intelligent PITA, but a PITA none-the-less.

This started a couple of weeks ago when I kept finding the back door ajar. I couldn't quite figure out why because if I pulled it securely tight I couldn't just push it open...the handle actually needed to be turned. One evening we came home to the back door wide open and Madi sitting on the back porch checking out the sights (PITA was in the bedroom looking out the window as if he had no clue as to what was going on). The next morning I caught PITA jumping up and grabbing on to the leaver type door handle, putting all his weight into it in order to open the door. I was a little agitated, but very impressed with his ingenuity. Needless to say, I had to replace my door knob with one that requires opposable thumbs to operate.

This past Friday evening I'm sitting in the living room chilling before my trip to Vegas when I see PITA run across the living room with a lizard hanging out of his mouth. Luckily, the lizard was still alive and given his freedom back by returning him to the great outdoors. Not five minutes later I hear an unrecognizable noise coming from the bed room...as I get up to investigate I see PITA run across the living room with another lizard hanging from his mouth. The first thought that goes through my head is that my Florida room has some how become overrun with lizards. This can not be happening...I don't like lizards! especially dead, bloodied ones!! As it turns out, however, this is the SAME lizard that was just set free mere minutes earlier!! Well, looks like the great escape artist has found a new way out...through the accordioned partition between the window sill and my a/c unit!! He just busted right through, went outside, reclaimed his lizard and brought it back inside to play with!!

Thinking quickly, the hole was covered with a cookie sheet and duct tape (what can't it do??). Now I just need to come up with a more permanent solution and/or a cat door :^O (which goes against my beliefs in keeping the kitties home safe and away from dogs, bears and tire danger - Kolla IS moving back to DeLand).

Irregardless...he's a crafty little bastard that makes me shake my head and smile.

Stay tuned for my Vegas adventure!!

1 comment:

Ian said...

That little bugger... did he actually tear thru the material or did it come lose from the screws???...he's like McGyver, only cuter.